By Christopher Gable
Offering statement, musical research, and exact interpretation of her songs' lyrics, this e-book examines the traits of Sheryl Crow's track that experience served to set up the artist's luck and recognition.
• provides an in-depth and entire listening consultant to all of Crow's songs, together with B-sides and rarities
• good points insightful statement with track analysis
• incorporates a word list of musical and technical phrases for the non-specialist
Read or Download The Words and Music of Sheryl Crow (The Praeger Singer-Songwriter Collection) PDF
Best music_1 books
The piano works of Dmitri Shostakovich (1906–1975) are one of the such a lot valuable musical compositions of the twentieth century. during this quantity, pianist and Russian track student Sofia Moshevich presents distinct interpretive analyses of the 10 significant piano solo works by means of Shostakovich, rigorously noting very important stylistic information and particular how one can conquer the various musical and technical demanding situations awarded via the tune.
(Piano/Vocal/Guitar Artist Songbook). A dozen songs from the 2011 leap forward album via this British singer/songwriter are integrated during this choice of piano/vocal/guitar preparations. Songs comprise the Grammy-nominated megahit "The A crew" and: the town * under the influence of alcohol * provide Me Love * Grade eight * Kiss Me * Lego condo * Small Bump * This * U.
Not only one other publication of scales and styles, this can be a procedure that trains the brain, the ears and the hands to paintings in ideal synchronization to reply at once to any given chord development. This skill is of paramount value to any musician who desires to improvise within the jazz idiom.
This publication presents a grasp resource for development agility, flexibility and pace whereas fiddling with a flatpick, in addition to a repertoire resource for the plectrum-style guitarist. The reviews are designed to construct analyzing skill and readability of sound in various types, in addition to agility in cross-picking and the taking part in of quick linear passages.
- Modern Pop Keyboard: Hal Leonard Keyboard Style Series
- Felix Aprahamian: Diaries and Selected Writings on Music
- Writing Jazz: Race, Nationalism, and Modern Culture in the 1920s (Studies in American Popular History and Culture)
- Better Git It in Your Soul: An Interpretive Biography of Charles Mingus
Additional info for The Words and Music of Sheryl Crow (The Praeger Singer-Songwriter Collection)