By William E. Hudson
Read Online or Download American Democracy in Peril: Eight Challenges to America's Future PDF
Best practical politics books
In Transparency and Authoritarian Rule in Southeast Asia, Rodan rejects the inspiration that the 1997-98 Asian fiscal difficulty used to be additional facts that eventually capitalism can merely boost inside of liberal social and political associations, and that new expertise inevitably undermines authoritarian regulate.
This ebook illuminates smooth political expertise, interpreting very important applied sciences, businesses, and other people; placing fresh recommendations into historic context; and describing the potential destiny makes use of of expertise in electoral politics.
Few might have imagined the advancements and the level of reforms that happened below Spanish best Minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero among 2004 and 2008. less than Zapatero, Spain quickly withdrew Spanish troops from Iraq, held a truly public political debate at the Spanish Civil conflict and the Franco dictatorship, handed very revolutionary social laws that included homosexual marriage and adoption as good as a sweeping gender equality act, and extended autonomy in six of Spain’s 17 areas.
Within the final decade, observers of Western governments became more and more enthusiastic about an obvious predicament of democracy. They argue that endemic corruption, insufficient companies, and extending voter disaffection have produced a dire consequence: an international resurgence of authoritarianism. The political weather surrounding the 2016 presidential election within the usa has purely bolstered the notion of democratic predicament.
- Protest, Reform and Repression in Khrushchev's Soviet Union (New Studies in European History)
- The Rise of the Left in Southern Europe: Anglo-American Responses
- Political Dissent: A Global Reader: Ancient to Early-Modern Sources: Volume 2
- Afro-Brazilian Culture and Politics: Bahia, 1790s-1990s: Bahia, 1790s-1990s (Latin American Realities (Hardcover))
- Opposition Politics in Japan: Strategies Under a One-Party Dominant Regime (Nissan Institute/Routledge Japanese Studies)
- Politics of the 'Other' in India and China: Western Concepts in Non-Western Contexts (Routledge Contemporary Asia Series)
Extra resources for American Democracy in Peril: Eight Challenges to America's Future